Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Using CAP/Mailslot and Netbackup 3.4 (fwd)

2001-02-08 18:54:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Using CAP/Mailslot and Netbackup 3.4 (fwd)
From: Eric Punsalan epunsala AT qualcomm DOT com
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:54:13 -0800 (PST)
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 15:51:47 -0800 (PST)
From: Eric Punsalan <epunsala>
To: Eric Punsalan <epunsala>
Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] Using CAP/Mailslot and Netbackup 3.4

Here is a snippet of the code

Add this to the clam.pl script

#Add new media

                print "\nThis option allows you to insert new/recycled
media into the library\n" ;

                &Look_for_empties ;
                &Insert_any_tapes ;
                &Update_newmedia("s") ;
                &Change_pool ;

                print "\nThis option has completed.\n" ;
                print "Press enter to return to the main menu." ;
                $worthless_answer=<STDIN> ;

The insert any tapes already has much of the function to insert tapes
to/from the library using the vmchange command.

Add this to the nbu.pl script

print "Obtaining information about import/export slot contents...\n";
 @mailslot_stack = ();
 if ($robot_host eq "nbumaster") {
      @return_mailslot = `echo "s i" | /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r
/dev/sg/c2t6l0 | /usr/bin/grep Barcode`;
 }
 else {
      @return_mailslot = `/bin/rsh $robot_host -n 'echo "s i" |
/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tldtest -r /dev/sg/c1t6l0 | /usr/bin/grep Barcode'`;
 }

 foreach $mailslot_line (@return_mailslot) {
     ($fieldname,$barcode) = split /=/, $mailslot_line , 2;
     $barcode =~ s/^\s+//;
     $barcode =~ s/\s+$//;
     #print "barcode: |$barcode|";
     push @mailslot_stack, $barcode;
 }

sub Change_pool {

   $assigned_pool = "3";
print "Changing volume pool to Scratch\n";
   foreach $mmedia (@mailslot_stack) {
        $status = system("/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmchange -M $master_server
-h $master_server -p $assigned_pool -m $mmedia");
        if ($status == 0) {
            print "mediaid $mmedia assigned to pool Scratch\n";
        }
        else {
            print "ERROR: mediaid $mmedia not assigned to pool Scratch\n";
        }
   }

}