Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] New Release of NetBackup - 3.4.1

2001-02-08 11:27:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] New Release of NetBackup - 3.4.1
From: Donaldson, Grant DONALDG AT tc.gc DOT ca
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 11:27:44 -0500
Greetings All,

        For those of you who are contemplating upgrading NetBackup and HSM
to version 3.4, I have just learned from my Veritas rep. that a new version
3.4.1 is due out sometime in the next week or so. My understanding is that
it:

        - incorporates the patches since the 3.2 release
        - incorporates added platform support

        Also, for those of you who are using Veritas Cluster Server and/or
HSM, apparently the release of the  Veritas Cluster Server agent for HSM is
being incorporated into this 3.4.1 release(or is being made available at the
same time). Previous to this, Veritas had to build a "homegrown" version of
the VCS HSM agent on site.

        Has anyone heard if there is going to be a BpVault 3.4.1 release
anytime soon?

Thanks.
Grant
Transport Canada