Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU Scripting Question

2001-02-06 15:13:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU Scripting Question
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 15:13:07 -0500
I'm a newbie to UNIX scripting (actually, I just know the very basics) and I
was wondering does anyone have a piece of code they'd be willing to share on
how to find the first Friday of the month, or last Friday of the month or first
Wednesday of the month or .... well you get the idea. I'm a SAS programmer,
COBOL programmer and mainframe Assembler programmer by trade and education so I
don't have a problem with the programming part. Any guidance from anyone would
be greatly appreciated. I'll even settle for directions to a decent piece of
documentation that describes how to use UNIX shell scripting to calculate dates
and days and I'll do the coding my self.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice