Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Expiring troublesome tapes

2001-02-06 11:37:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Expiring troublesome tapes
From: Gregory Floro gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2001 11:37:40 -0500
thomas_gravizi AT steris DOT com writes:
>Greetings all,
>
>I've been using the bpexpdate command with all the switches and cannot
>solve my problem.  We have 4 tapes, dated in 1998 that I've been trying
>to expire, but cannot.  Whenever I try to use the bpexpdate command, the
>following message comes up:  "Requested media ID was not found in NB
>media database and/or MM volume database".  I did do a report to see if
>in fact it was true, and there were no records for the tapes, but they
>are still assigned.
>
>Is there a way (or a command) that I can expire the dates?
>
>I have even tried to move them into a different pool, like the scratch
>pool, and it states: "Change pool of XXXXXX failed:  Cannot change
>volume pool for assigned volume (91)".  Any recommendations?
>
>Thanks for your help!
>
>Thomas Gravizi
>Network Engineer
>STERIS Corporation
>thomas_gravizi AT steris DOT com
>440.392.7630 - Direct
>440.350.7078 - Fax

Have you tried using the bpmedialist command to read the contents of that
tape?

Gregory Floro                            T. 212-502-9475
IT Manager                                 F. 212-594-1709
Photobition NY                           gregory.floro AT photobition DOT com
"Press any key to continue or any other key to quit!"