Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] I'm looking for opinions on tape libraries

2001-01-31 09:53:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] I'm looking for opinions on tape libraries
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:53:43 -0500
My nickels worth:

I have an ATL7100 and a Sun L11000 (ATL P3000 under the covers) and both are
being maintained under a service contract with ATL/Quantum. I have nothing but
good things to say about the operation of the libraries and the service I've
received so far. I've had several tape drives replaced in each and all service
calls have been very prompt and the work accurately completed. I have a 7x24
contract with a 4 hour response. When my contract came up for renewal, I didn't
hesitate to renew with ATL/Quantum.

I also have two mainframe silos and have been associated with STK products for
more years than I care to mention. I don't doubt that you will have equally
good product performance and service from them as well. I don't really have any
experience with their smaller type libraries.

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> dam AT orgtek DOT com 01/31/01 09:17AM >>>
I'm deciding between a Quantum P1000 and a Storage Tek L40.  anyone
have experiences with either system/vendor they'd like to share with
me?

--
Daniel Monjar (mailto:dmonjar AT orgtek DOT com)
"Speak softly and carry a 6 foot two-handed sword."