Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tapes not unmounting after completion of backups

2001-01-31 08:50:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tapes not unmounting after completion of backups
From: TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com TWGIBBAR AT up DOT com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:50:48 -0600
I have a situation where tapes are not un-mounting following a failure or
completion of a backup.  Another backup will kick-off requesting the tape
that is still mounted and eventually time-out and fail.  I have two
questions; 1) Is there a configuration parameter that can be set to force a
backup to look for another tape if it can't find the one it's looking for?
2) How can one remotely force the tapes to un-mount and be returned to
their proper slot?  I have unsuccessfully attempted this feat with robtest.

Thanks,
Terry