Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb - NBDB BACKUP

2001-01-29 16:26:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpbackupdb - NBDB BACKUP
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:26:09 -0800 (PST)
This is for the Veritas guys.

In the OV days, when bpbackupdb was manually initiated,
it waited until there were no jobs in the queue before
it started backing up the NB DB's.  I am on an NT
server and wanted to kick off a bpbackupdb before going
home and found that it DOESN'T wait for the jobs to
complete before executing (at least in NT), it is
backing up the DBs as I type and while there are active
backup jobs.

Has the processes been changed so that it will not
wait? Or could this be a bug that has slipped?

Again, I am NT and haven't been able to test this on
Unix yet.

Thoughts out there?

Curtis: This may change the way you need to run your
script.

David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager