Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] alternative method for moving volumes?

2001-01-29 11:02:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] alternative method for moving volumes?
From: John Meyers john.meyers AT wright DOT edu
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 11:02:45 -0500
 Hi.

 I'm just getting started with NetBackup 3.2GA on a Solaris 2.6 server,
 and I'm wondering if there is a command line method of moving volumes
 from a robot device to standalone (logically).  The only documented
 procedure I could find was via the media manager interface.

 Basically I have to DLT4700's and I would like to create a custom
 interface for our operations staff to perform weekly load/unload
 operations from the tape units.  However if this isn't possible, then
 I guess training on the graphical interfaces is always an option.

 Thanks,

 John Meyers
 Computing Services
 Wright State University