Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Finding Current Patch Level

2001-01-25 08:57:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Finding Current Patch Level
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 08:57:05 -0500
OK ... I know we've discussed this before but for the life of me I can't find
any of the references in the archives. Someone refresh my failing memory ...

How can I determine my current NBU patch level? I'm running NBU 3.2GA on a Sun
E450 running Solaris 2.6

I've been pointed to a patch (sort of) out on the Veritas download page that is
rumored, in song and verse, to have updated client agents for Novell 4.11
platforms. After reading the text of the patch, it looks like I may have to
install this entire thing. The download file in question is 0820466_232770.tar

Anyone have experience with this patch? What can I look forward to? Since the
Novell and PC client code is not normally installed in the NBU directories on a
Solaris machine, why should I expect them to go there now?

Regards,
Dennis

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice