Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBDB backup scripts?

2001-01-25 08:43:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBDB backup scripts?
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 05:43:11 -0800 (PST)
Curtis:

I'm not entirely clear on where the problem is for your
script?  Is it keeping track of the last used tape(s),
manually selecting the tape mount, etc?

You probably outlined it in an earlier and I just
missed it.

thanks
david

Quoting "W. Curtis Preston" <curtis AT backupcentral DOT com>:

> Thanks for the script.
>
> This solves ONE of the problems with the NBDB backup,
but not the biggest
> one.
>
> I've been working on a script to automated swapping
out the NBDB tapes.  (I

> really don't like the default setup that alternates
between two tapes.)

> At 01:18 PM 1/24/01 -0500, Steve Moccio wrote:
> >Hello all,
> >
> >I too was in the advanced class and received a
handout about the script.
> Not
> >sure if this is what you are looking for Bob.
> >
> >Steve Moccio
> >  Bell Labs
> >    svm AT lucent DOT com
> >

> >#!/bin/ksh
> >
> ># find out how many currently queued, re-queued, or
active jobs
> ># there are currently
> >QUEUED=`bpdbjobs - summary | sed -e '/MASTER/d' |
awk '{print $2}'`
> >REQUEUED=` bpdbjobs - summary | sed -e '/MASTER/d' |
awk '{print $3}'`
> >ACTIVE=` bpdbjobs - summary | sed -e '/MASTER/d' |
awk '{print $4}'`

> ># If there are no queue, re-queued, or active jobs,
then it is ok.
> ># to initiate netbackup DB backup
> >
> >if [ $QUEUED -eq 0] && [ $REQUEUED -eq 0 ] && [
$ACTIVE -eq 0]
> >then
> >         #Stop the request daemon
> >         echo "Stopping the request Daemon"
> >         bprdreg -terminate
> >         echo "bprd Daemon terminated"
> >         # Run netbackup database backup
> >         echo "Running netbackup database backup"
> >         bpbackupdb
> >         echo "Database backup complete"
> >         # restart request daemon
> >         echo "Restarting request daemon"
> >         bprd
> >else
> >         echo "Could not initiate netbackup database
backup
> >fi

David A. Chapa
> >Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2001 11:47 AM
> >To: Bob Bakh
> >Cc: W. Curtis Preston; veritas-
bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
> >Subject: RE: [Veritas-bu] NBDB backup scripts?
> >
> >Bob:
> >
> >I teach that class, and I don't remember an NBDB
backup script?

> >that's not to say that it can't be done, it most
definitely can.

> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >David A. Chapa
> >Consulting Manager
> >DataStaff, Inc.
> >847 413 1144
> >
> >On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Bob Bakh wrote:
> >
> > > I remember one in the NetBackup advanced class,
if someone has taken
> that
> > > class they may have it.  I can't find my course
material, but If I find