Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bplabel problems, ideas for offsite automation.

2001-01-24 21:22:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bplabel problems, ideas for offsite automation.
From: Bret Hester bret_hester AT hotmail DOT com
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:22:19 +1100
Hello all,

I have Netbackup 3.2 running both master/media on a single
Solaris 2.6 e420r. The autoloader is a Sun L280. Eight
slots no barcode or mail drop.

I want to get to the point of having a fairly automated removal
and replacement of the offsite pool each month.

Scenario because its a small robot with no bar code reader
Im trying to script the process of freezing a number of
media ID's Then removing them physically and replacing the
media with new tapes. Then I want to relabel the media with a
new unique ID. This is so that the old ID's are always in the Netbackup
database.

First I freeze the media in the offsite pool.

Then I use tpreq to mount the media in the drive

/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/tpreq -ev A00002 -a w -d dlt -p offsite -f
/tmp/nbumedia

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bplabel -ev A00012 -d dlt -o -p backup -n
FFUR
Cannot assign a robotically controlled device

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bplabel -ev A00012 -d dlt -o -p backup -u
0
Cannot assign a robotically controlled device

Now if I dont specify a drive number or name it commands just
sit's there 20min+ is as long as I've left it.

//usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bplabel -ev A00012 -d dlt -o -p backup

and it just sits there.............

Please help, you might even be so kind as to share scripts/ideas as
to how to better do this.

Thanks,

Bret Hester