Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Media Type - How to Change

2001-01-24 15:02:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Media Type - How to Change
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:02:21 -0800 (PST)
While its not necessary to have multiple media types for YOUR environment
(this only adds un-needed complexity), the best way for you to achieve
this 'automatically' is to create barcode rules.  For instance, hopefully
you have some barcodes that are unique to JB2 (say JB2XXX), if that is so
then your barcode rule would say any barcode beginning with JB2 will be of
media type DLT2, then it will automatically add this for you.  I believe
your default is DLT since JB1 is the jukebox that has the media type DLT
in it and it being first in sequence.

I hope this helps you out, if not let me know.

-David

David A. Chapa
Consulting Manager
DataStaff, Inc.