Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] commvault

2001-01-24 12:48:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] commvault
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:48:56 -0500
I've used them in a previous life. At the time (1992-93) they were the best
available. Unless they've re-architected they way their product works, I
believe it relies heavily on using their optical disk device as well. If they
let you attach to any device or devices you already own, I guess it wouldn't be
too bad. They worked fine but I thought the restore times were a little
elongated. I also remember that it was command line driven but I'm sure they've
built a GUI by now. Like I said, it's been several years since I've seen or
worked with their stuff. I did not consider them when I went out looking for
suitable backup solutions at my current place of employment.

Quote: "Time is not a test of the truth"
Translation: Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't make it right

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "Thomas R Rhodes/TRR/CC01/INEEL/US" <TRR AT inel DOT gov> 01/24/01 12:31PM

We have a company called COMMVAULT in here trying to sell us on there
backup software.  I have not seen them talked about on any of the list does
anyone have any information about the product good or bad?

Any information would be helpful and appreciated.