Veritas-bu

[RE: [Veritas-bu] Appending to Media]

2001-01-24 11:44:15
Subject: [RE: [Veritas-bu] Appending to Media]
From: ysbrand bergman ysbrand AT usa DOT net
Date: 24 Jan 2001 17:44:15 MET
In our case we can not use seperate volume pools because our Database
extension is allways using the same class. What you can do however is run an
exit script that freezes the tape. This will prevent Netbackup from writing to
the tape. When youu are about to expire the tape you should unfreeze it and
then expire it manually.

It would be much nicer if you could specify, with an option, if you want to
append to a tapeset or not (Like in the Backup Exec product)

Regards,

Ysbrand