Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] the way things work

2001-01-22 15:32:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] the way things work
From: Steve White stevew AT colltech DOT com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:32:04 -0800
It's better to make a new master, even if your new datacenter is across the
street :-)  Especially when your WAN link is relatively new and subject to
outages.

The client must always communicate with the master for backups or restores
to happen so if you lost your WAN link, you would not be able to backup or
restore.

Steve White