Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] the way things work

2001-01-22 15:01:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] the way things work
From: Speier, Guy J - CNF Speier.Guy AT cnf DOT com
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:01:56 -0800
Hello,

I have a netbackup server & media server in an issolated network.  There is
a need for an addition (and temporary) media server in another location
while we move data centers.  The two locations will have primary WAN
connectivity, but the dedicated backup network will not be connected (it
will be duplicated during the move).

Is it a better route to add a media server, or should I create another
master server?  If a particular media server is used by a client, does that
client still need to talk with the master server?

thank you
Guy