Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Why I hate NDMP

2001-01-17 16:20:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Why I hate NDMP
From: Chris Graves cmg AT bow.rsc.raytheon DOT com
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:20:31 -0800 (PST)
We have a similar setup at our site, using 2 drives in an ATL P1000
directly connected to the NetApp 760, and a Sun box as the master server.

We have indexed backups, short incrementals (cummulative) and the
performance of our backups, two in parallel, is 19 and 23GB/hr for
each of the two volumes respectively.  Also, the tape format is not
proprietary, in fact, we have taken the tapes and read them using
ufsrestore on a Sun system.

Chris