Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NUMBER_ & SIZE_DATA BUFFERS

2001-01-14 23:41:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NUMBER_ & SIZE_DATA BUFFERS
From: W. Curtis Preston curtis AT backupcentral DOT com
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:41:00 -0800
I know this message is old, but I've read this a number of times and wanted
to comment on it.

I remember when I used to work more with "another" backup product, they had
an NT registry hack that worked with adaptec SCSI cards that could increase
the max block size to 128k.

Has anyone heard of this?

Is it possible that NBU has hard-coded the block size to 64k, so that this
registry hack would not help at all?