Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Second Media Server/Robot and Status 219

2000-12-22 19:54:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Second Media Server/Robot and Status 219
From: fx [François-Xavier Peretmere] fx AT Veritas DOT com
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 01:54:49 +0100

 [ ... ]
> I've also assigned the new robot a robot number of 1 since the manual
> seems to imply that the numbers should be unique (no mention of whether
> it's unique on a given media server or throughout a cluster)

 short answer: throughout a cluster. long answer depends if you robot
drives are connected to different media server. if yes, then all
media server connected to a same robot must know this robot with
the same index.
 best practice: each robot has a unique index throughout a cluster
regardless of drive connection.

 [ ... ]
> However, when I set up a test job to go to the new Storage Unit,
> it fails immediately on Status 219.

 what say "tpconfig -d" & bpstulist on each server ?

 fx

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

--
    fx AT veritas DOT com        | Serious error. All
François-Xavier Peretmere | Shortcuts have disppeared.