Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Changing the retention level of media in the media catalog

2000-12-22 18:16:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Changing the retention level of media in the media catalog
From: Conner, Neil neil AT mbari DOT org
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 15:16:17 -0800
I have several active tapes that have a retention level of 9 (infinity), but
we don't write any more backups with a retention level of infinity so these
tape cannot be utilized.  Using bpexpdate, I successfully recalculated the
expiration date of the media (-ev option) as well as images on the media
(-recalculate option) based on a younger retention level of 8.  However, the
Media List report still shows the tapes as having a retention level of 9.  I
want to change the retention level of the media to 8 so I can continue to
write to them - can this be done?

-Neil