Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Requesting unnecessary tapes for backups.

2000-12-22 11:46:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Requesting unnecessary tapes for backups.
From: Sixbury, Dan dsixbury AT saint-lukes DOT org
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 10:46:20 -0600
I recently noticed that one our backup servers that uses a standalone drive
is sometimes requesting other tapes.  We have more than enough space on the
tape in the drive, but it appears that the device managment window will show
a pending request where the backup requests a previously used tape.

Is there a bp.conf setting or configuration setting to make sure that a
stand alone drive does not try to request other tapes to be used for
backups?  We should be able to fit four backups onto the same tape each
night.

Thanks,
Dan