Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclude list question

2000-12-21 11:24:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclude list question
From: David A. Chapa david AT datastaff DOT com
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2000 08:24:11 -0800 (PST)
Well actually in your case, it should probably read
like this

oradata/*/*/*dbf

*dbf will natually exclude all of the files ending in
dbf.

My Rule of Thumb:
These are basically regular expressions, so if you
couldn't use it in a find or ls or whatever else you
could pass a regular expression to, then it won't work
in the exclude list (with some exceptions, I'm sure).

The more you understand regular expressions the more
flexible the product becomes.

David

Quoting Jason Ahrens <ahrensj AT psi DOT ca>:

> Running NetBackup 3.2, solaris server/clients.
>
> I have an exclude list on the client 'hawk' which
states:
> hawk:/[1]# cat /usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list
> #Standard excludes core
> *.o
> /tmp
> /proc
> /cdrom
> lost+found
> #We do not want to backup .dbf files. Live oracle
databases
> oradata/dbf
>
> According to information I saw posted here, this
should include all dbf
> files under any level of depth under any oradata
directory on the system.

> (ie: /u01/oradata/level1/level2/data.dbf should be
excluded)
> This doesn't seem to be the case. I checked the
results of my backup and
> found all the dbf files backed up. As apparently I
have an issue with the
> pattern.
>
> Perhaps oradata/*.dbf would work?
>
> The issue is, I do not want to grab the live
databases (*.dbf) *anwhere*
> at any depth bellow any directory that is named
oradata (ie: regex