Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Blank/Expired Tapes

2000-12-20 20:41:26
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Blank/Expired Tapes
From: Joshua Fielden jfielden AT excitecorp DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 17:41:26 -0800
This is a snippet of the swcript we use to automate this. $AVAIL == a perl
replacement for the available_media script...

$AVAIL | tail +5 | grep -v pool | grep -v CLN | grep -v present > $TMP1
#
## Sort out just full or frozen tapes
awk '{ print $4, $5, $1, $3, $9 }' $1 $TMP1 | egrep 'FULL|FROZEN' | grep TLD >
$TMP2

There are probably 43 easier or more efficient ways to do this, but it works
for us.

JF

On Wed, Dec 20, 2000 at 12:35:23PM -0800, Shinn Wu spake unto the multitudes: