Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] STATUS 54 on an NT Client

2000-12-20 17:16:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] STATUS 54 on an NT Client
From: fx [François-Xavier Peretmere] fx AT Veritas DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 23:16:28 +0100

 "What ports need to be open to back up a client that is behind a firewall?"

 basically, rules you need to set up to backup a client beside a
firewall should look like this (from what i remember, please check before
using):

 mediasrv.[512-1023] -> client.bpcd        : media srv contact client to
                                             start job
 client.[512-1023] -> mediasrv.[512-1023]  : data from client (bpcd/bpbkar) to
the
media server
                                             (bpbrm/bptm/bpdm)
 client.[512-1023] -> mediasrv.[5000-1023] : if MPX is used. depending of the
RANDOM_PORTS
                                             setting, either the ports are
picked
randomly in
                                             the interval, or sequentially from
the
top to bottom

 you can with 3.4 restrict the window the processes are going to use, but
globally it's the same process.

 fx

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

--
     fx AT veritas DOT com       | Windows NT crashed.
François-Xavier Peretmere | I am the Blue Screen of Death.