Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas NetBackup Data Center/Informix

2000-12-19 16:46:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas NetBackup Data Center/Informix
From: Janis Cichon jlcichon AT hewitt DOT com
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 15:46:39 -0600
We are running version 3.4 in the following environment:

on Solaris 2.6
running multiple database instances (variety of Informix versions across the
instances) on unix server

Issue:

We are currently testing on an instance running Informix version 9.21.uc1. There
are four other instances on the same unix server and there are different
versions of Informix running across the instances. (The other Informix version
running on this particular server is 7.31.uc6).

When we run a level 0 archive on the 9.21.uc1 instance (submitted by initiating
a manual backup from the master server) we see logical logs (transaction logs)
from other instances (also different versions) being written to the same tape as
the level 0 archive.

Questions:

1) Is anyone out there running multiple versions of Informix on the same unix
server and running NetBackup Data Center 3.4 successfully?
2) Has anyone else seen this in their environment?

Please let me know if I can provide additional information that may be helpful.

Thank you!