Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Testing backups.

2000-12-19 10:14:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Testing backups.
From: Sixbury, Dan dsixbury AT saint-lukes DOT org
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 09:14:09 -0600
The other day I had to test some backups that weren't working correctly and
since they were often working when manually done, but sometimes not working
when initiated through the schedule, I decided to update the schedules and
test away.

Question:  When you update the schedule to start a backup 3 minutes from the
current time, what all do you have to do to ensure that it will in fact be
initiated through the NetBackup scheduler?

Is it enough to use the motif gui to Re-read Request Daemon configuration,
or does the NetBackup processes have to be killed and restarted, or was the
problem with the frequency?  The only other thing I could think of is that
the NetBackup configuration wake-up would have to be decreased to a lower
time limit.

In my scenario it seemed as if the backups would never get initiated, but I
wasn't sure if I was being too impatient or if I am missing something.

Thanks,
Dan