Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange client...

2000-12-14 08:44:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange client...
From: Doug Braden Doug.Braden AT veritas DOT com
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 07:44:31 -0600
Tore,

Regarding your file list, I would recommend using only the Microsoft
Exchange Mailboxes:\ entry in the class that you are configuring for single
mbx backups and restores.  I believe having both the :\Information Store\
and Mailboxes:\ directives in one class is redundant.

As for the lack of single mbx indications in your restore window, chances
are your backup is not properly configured (could be either or both
NetBackup and/or MSExchange portions).  The documentation is fairly
extensive in that regard.  You can also check the contents of the Exchange
client's bpbkar log for some possible clues.

In summary: I would suggest configuring a single mbx backup with just the
Mailboxes:\ directive after revisiting the documentation and taking a peek
at the bpbkar log.

Doug Braden
VERITAS Impact Team

nal Message-----