Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpvault

2000-12-13 10:58:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpvault
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 10:58:16 -0500
If you have the code for bpvault, you should have also gotten the
documentation. It consists of three publications:

Functional Overview and Integration Guide
System Administration Guide
Operations Guide

I have a CD with the scripts and the doc which was given to me by the Veritas
consultant that helped install it. If you don't have the script source files
and docs on CD, you should. I would ask your Veritas rep.

I have bpvault installed and partially configured on two SUN E450s running NBU
3.2. I'm still waiting to have the time to complete the implementation.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "Daniel Chrastil" <dchrastil AT bcbsga DOT com> 12/13/00 10:46AM >>>
I currently have a SAN environment with 1 master, 12 media servers, and
10 clients, all HP servers. A STK9710 tape library with a brocade switch

and 5 bridges.  I am running netbackup 3.2 and am about to configure
bpvault.  Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what needs to

be configured and/or where to find good bpvault documentation.

Thanks,
Dan Chrastil
UNIX System Administrator
Tech Support