Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Schedule specific file exclusions

2000-12-12 15:22:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Schedule specific file exclusions
From: John_Wang AT enron DOT net John_Wang AT enron DOT net
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 14:22:52 -0600
Hello

OK, I can't quite figure this one out.   I have NT based mail servers running
Lotus notes,   I'd like to set up schedules that would back up everything except
the *.nsf files which are the users mail folders and I'd like to set up a
schedule that only backs up the *.nsf files so that I can direct the backups to
different volume pools with different retention periods.    The class and
schedule specific instructions in the Administrators Guide seems to be for Unix
clients where simply creating files named
/usr/openv/netbackup/exclude_list.CLASS.SCHEDULE suffices.    How would this be
done in Windows NT or Windows 2000?

Also, the manual is quite clear that files in the client's local inclusion list
gets added back in even if excluded by the client's local exclusion list.   How
do these two lists relate with the Files specification on the class?  Can file
exclusions be specified in the class Files specification?

Regards,
John I Wang
Sr. Systems Engineer
Steverson Information Professionals