Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Nt required interface parameter

2000-12-12 07:57:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Nt required interface parameter
From: Dennis Dwyer dfdwyer AT tecoenergy DOT com
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 07:57:14 -0500
I also have UNIX master servers with many NT clients and so far my experience
has been "You have to do it manually". The only thing I've found automatic
about dealing with the NT clients is you can push the client over the network.
Everything else I've had to do, I've had to physically touch each machine via
pcAnywhere, remote services or whatever. Great question though. Maybe somebody
has a solution out there.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis F. Dwyer
Enterprise Storage Manager
Tampa Electric Company

(813) 225-5181  - Voice
(813) 275-3599  - FAX

Visit our corporate website at www.tecoenergy.com

>>> "Porter, Eric" <Eric.Porter AT marriott DOT com> 12/12/00 07:42AM >>>
Hi,

I have a number of NT servers (about 200) that will need
"REQUIRED_INTERFACE" parameter.  My master and media servers are unix (not
NT).  How can I push this setting to the clients.  I have been digging in
the manuals, and still have not found a good way to do this.

Thanks

Eric