Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HP 5158 Fibre Channel Adapter

2000-12-09 06:36:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HP 5158 Fibre Channel Adapter
From: Magnus Lübeck magnus AT inserve DOT se
Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 12:36:48 +0100
Hello!

Well, that is, because HP-cards do not do a "fabric login" yet (correct me
if I'm wrong). They cannot work on a switched SAN (fabroc) without
workarounds. What you need to do is to set up a quick loop on the Brocade
4116 switch, which tells the switch to fool the card that it is on the same
Arbitrated Loop as the tape drives, althoug it is not. As of the rest,
NetBackup will recognize the tapes as soon as you get them to work with
your hosts.

Regards,
//magnus lubeck