Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Job Doesn't End

2000-11-27 17:17:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Job Doesn't End
From: Lee Kolinsky kolinsky AT colltech DOT com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 17:17:28 -0500
Dennis,

This could be a phantom process left behind if the daemons were
shut down at an inappropriate time.  I have see this where the
job monitor show active jobs but here are not processes to match.
What I needed to do was remove the job-id files from the jobs
directory and that fix the display of the job monitor.  If that
is not what you are seeing here then I guess just ignore this
response.

Another thing to check is to double click on the job from the
job monitor and look at all the messages in the low half of window
when doing a FULL display to see that the job has actually completed.
It may have finished sending data but has not done the final handshaking
to actually complete the job.  Just another thought.
--

--Lee

Client Site: EATON Corp. Cleveland OH (440) 954-5626
 Lee S. Kolinsky     |_| C o l l e c t i v e |_|   kolinsky AT colltech DOT com
 Pager: 800/946-4646 |___   Technologies    ___|  http://www.colltech.com
 Pin #: 148-3408         O                 O     "The Power Of Many Minds"
         What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away.