Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cleaning tape

2000-11-27 12:08:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cleaning tape
From: W. Curtis Preston curtis AT colltech DOT com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 09:08:19 -0800
It's covered quite well in the STK 9740 operations manual that should have
come with your unit.  I can't remember how to do it from memory.

BTW, this operation ONLY applies if you are going to have the 9740 clean
itself.  If you are going to have NBU do automated cleaning, you don't need
to follow this procedure.  You just put the cleaning tape in like any other
tape --- assuming you have a barcode rule for cleaning tapes.  It will
simply add it to the database as a cleaning tape.  Then when it needs to
clean the drives, it will go get it.

This is different from having the library do the cleaning for you.  If you
are going to do that, there is a special slot where that tape goes, and the
only way to get it there is to use the procedure in the manual.