Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sun L11000 Libray and TapeAlert

2000-11-22 09:16:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sun L11000 Libray and TapeAlert
From: Dave Pearson (EML) Dave.Pearson AT eml.ericsson DOT se
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 15:16:05 +0100
Does anyone know if the Sun L11000 library (really an ATL P3000) supports
TapeAlert?

I am trying to configure on-demand tape cleaning. I have changed the drive
cleaning frequency to zero and turned off auto-cleaning on the library. There's
lots of nice new cleaning tapes ready to be used but when a drive puts on the
'clean me' light nothing happens apart from a console message saying the drive
needs cleaning.

I'm running Netbackup 3.2GA with J363 on an E450.

Dave Pearson
Ericsson Mobile Communications (UK) Ltd.
* +44-1256-864700
* dave.pearson AT eml.ericsson DOT se