Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Image fails to

2000-11-08 05:50:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Image fails to
From: George Roper backup_user AT hotmail DOT com
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 10:50:06 GMT
I have encountered the following error whilst verifying the contents of a
volume:-

14:39:32 INF - Beginning verify on server backup of client backup.
14:43:06 /export/home/backup/prob.txt
14:43:06 INF - Compressed length does not match for file
/export/home/backup/prob.txt, in image is 0, in database is 1072701440.
14:43:06 INF - Compressed length gigabytes does not match for file
/export/home/backup/prob.txt, in image is 0, in database is 1.
14:43:06 INF - Raw partition size gigabytes does not match for file
/export/home/backup/prob.txt, in image is 0, in database is 1.
14:43:07 INF - There were 3 compare errors on this image.

However the image is recoverable and successfully compares against an copy
held in the filesystem.

What makes this error more difficult to understand is;-

o if I bpexpdate the image and re-import the verify runs without
   error.
o every save of this file causes the same verify failure (even if the
   file is renamed).

It looks like I am backing up a file whose contents causes the File Database
to be inconsistant with the image metadata, and a re-import corrects this
inconsistancy.

o Has any-one else seen this failure?
o Does any-one have any clues as to correct this behaviour?

Thanks,

George