Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup vs Tivoli (ADSM)

2000-11-02 14:37:39
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup vs Tivoli (ADSM)
From: Ravi Channavajhala ravi.channavajhala AT csfb DOT com
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 14:37:39 -0500 (EST)
As for drive specifif logging, what appears in /var/adm/messages
isn't sufficient? (OK, I'm assuming you are using Solaris..cant speak
for other platforms).  Usually if there is a SCSI error, it prints what
type of failure read/write and the ASC code etc.,  We usually parse
all the critical errors from /var/adm/messages and send a nice page
or e-mail.

As for retries on another drive, you have the ability to mark a
drive as down, and if I'm not netbackup gives up on a drive too..

-ravi