Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup with 9840's

2000-11-01 18:45:54
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup with 9840's
From: Rob Worman rob AT colltech DOT com
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 16:45:54 -0700
with no network to worry about, you should be able to get all 7 of those drives
backing up raw data a lot faster than 4-5 MB/sec!

My first thought would be to turn on multiplexing.  Gradually increase it and
watch your backup speed - you should see speedups and then a point of
diminishing returns as you increase the max MPX value.

Otherwise I'd follow some of the other suggestions from people: sar, iostat,
ask your EMC guy to verify that you're not taxing the disks in the cabinet...

rob