Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] command line eject

2000-10-30 13:54:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] command line eject
From: W. Curtis Preston curtis AT colltech DOT com
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:54:57 -0800
This was just asked/answered, but here goes again:

You can use robtest/tldtest.  The only problem with robtest/tldtest is that
it requires that you run it on the actual media server.  The command below,
while rather long, will work from the master.

$master = name of master
$media_id = Six-digit label of tape
$density = media type (e.g. dlt)
$volume_group = a logical name for where you're sending the tape

vmchange -vh $master -res -m $media_id -mt $density -rt none -rc1 0 -rc2 0
[ -v $volume_group ] -e -sec 5

What this command essentially says is "change the 'residency' (-res) of
$media_id, which is a $density tape to not be in a jukebox anymore (-rt
none -rc1 0 -rc2 0), put it in the $volume_group group, and move it to the
ejection slot (-e) and wait five seconds for the ejection to finish (-sec 5)."