Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Notification of Problems using NetBackup V3.2 for Unix

2000-10-26 15:55:11
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Notification of Problems using NetBackup V3.2 for Unix
From: Kratunis, Anthony akratunis AT tiaa-cref DOT org
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2000 15:55:11 -0400
I need help with notifications of problems during backups.

I am told from Veritas support that the only notification functionality that
exists is when a backup is complete, an email can be sent.  This sends email
on ALL backups, not just the failed ones, so if I set it up to page me, I
will get hundreds of pages.  All I want is to be told about problems.

Does anyone know of any other notification capabilities that I have not been
told about

OR

Has anyone already written some UNIX scripts to search the Veritas logs and
generate notification of some sort based on it's findings?

thanks very much
anthony
akratunis AT tiaa-cref DOT org