Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup sg problem w/ JNI-attached tape drives

2000-10-24 15:52:34
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas Netbackup sg problem w/ JNI-attached tape drives
From: Art.Bitts AT Cummins DOT com Art.Bitts AT Cummins DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 14:52:34 -0500
We had a similar problem accessing an STK 9730 connected via a Crossroads
SCSI-to-fibre bridge.  Our standard configuration for the JNI driver is to
turn off default binding in favor of specific binding in the
/kernel/drv/sd.conf file.  However, the Veritas sg driver requires leaving
the default binding enabled in order to see the devices.  As soon as I
re-enabled the default binding parameter in the JNI configuration file, the
tape devices showed up in sgscan and I was able to configure them.

-Art Bitts
 Cummins, Inc.
 art.bitts AT cummins DOT com