Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] netbackup sap restore scripts

2000-10-24 13:27:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] netbackup sap restore scripts
From: Syam Kumar-Parvathaneni sparvath AT fmi.fujitsu DOT com
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 10:27:17 -0700
HI,

    I have recently setup the netbackup 3.2 & 3.4 sap optional package on my
SAP servers. I was able to do SAP online and offline backups after modifying
the sap_online_backup and sap_offline_backup sample scripts in
/usr/openv/netbackup/ext/db_ext/sap/scripts directory. But, no sample
restore scripts for SAP are available in the above directory and when I
contacted Veritas Support they informed me that I have to write my own
restore scripts.

I would really appreciate if anybody can provide me sample restore scripts
for SAP or help me writing the scripts.

Thanks,
Syam Kumar Parvathaneni
Sr. UNIX System Administrator