Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question on Backing up Netapp Filer to Tape over the network.

2000-10-19 19:45:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question on Backing up Netapp Filer to Tape over the network.
From: Mukarram Syed musyed AT onebox DOT com
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 16:45:40 -0700
Hi All,
I am trying to backup the Netapp Filer to the tape using the network.
 The reason is that we want to install the SCSI card and upgrade the
Software on the Netapp before we implement the SCSI transfer of the Data
from the Netapp to the STK L180 using Veritas Netbackup and NDMP.
The question is can I use the NFS mount points on the Netapp admin server
and backup those mount point up to the tape?  If Yes what are the steps
needed to do that?  I need to Create a new class to do that and check
the FOLLOW NFS and the CROSS MOUNT POINTS in the Change Attributes page.
 Then under files I need to list the NFS mount points on the Netapp Admin
Host.  And then I need to add the Admin Host name under Clients.  I can
then do a manual backup of the Netapp to the Tape.  Please let me know
if I can do this and is this correct, if there is anything else I am
missing, please let me know.
Thanks
-Mukarram Syed.

Sign Up Now! http://www.onebox.com