Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] backup from stdin

2000-10-19 00:35:27
Subject: [Veritas-bu] backup from stdin
From: Joshua Fielden jfielden AT excitecorp DOT com
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:35:27 -0700
Not exactly what you asked for, but may give you ideas, this is a piece of a
script we used to use, ported from LEgato -> NetB after our transition...

[does find $mount-point, to create orabkplist.new file]
# split the list of files to backup and startup a save for each split
# file
# With a smaller split number, the more save processes there are, so
# more
# drives are used.  With a larger number, more files are saved per
# process
#
cd $BLD/splits
split -l 30 $BLD/orabkplist.new

print "Start time: `date`" > $BLD/log/$$.msgs

for i in *; do
#  cat $i | xargs save -speanut -bPeanut -e"4 weeks" 1>$BLD/log/$$.$i 2>&1 &
# Modified for netbackup
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/bpbackup -w -c peanut_vol -s Full `cat $i`
1>>$BLD/log/$$
.$i 2>&1 &
done

# wait for saves to complete
wait
print "End time: `date`" >> $BLD/log/$$.msg

Hope this helps.

JF

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 08:47:42PM -0700, Speier, Guy J - CNF filled up my
inbox with: