Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sharing tape libraries with multiple masters

2000-10-18 19:54:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sharing tape libraries with multiple masters
From: Dean, James jimmy.dean AT usi DOT net
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 19:54:46 -0400
As long as the Volume database is on one and not both of the servers you
shouldn't have a problem.  I don't know what kind of library you have, but
only one can control the library and the Volume database when sharing a
library.

We have a setup with three masters on one library using a StorageTek ACSLS 1
SSO Master, 1 IP based master both at 3.2, and 1 IP/SSO at 3.4, VDB and
robotics are controlled by a third none master.

We also have another config with without an ACSLS with 1 SSO and 1 IP master
with VDB and robotics controlled by a third none master.

And a third with 2 masters and one does the robotics and VDB functions.

Hope this helps!!

James Dean
Enterprise Backup Systems, Manager
USinternetworking Inc.