Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Preemptive scheduling

2000-10-17 15:34:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Preemptive scheduling
From: Joshua Fielden jfielden AT excitecorp DOT com
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 12:34:31 -0700
In my re-write of the scheduler (a layer of perl and cron, not rewrite the
source code - I'm still whiteboarding it), my concept is all backups which
could take this much time are fired off from cron, and checkpoint files are
used to manage if jobs are running. Easier than parsing /usr/ucb/ps -axwwwwww,
I think. :)

JF

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 01:17:39PM -0600, McMurphy, Tim filled up my inbox with: