Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Parity Errors flooding /var/adm/messages on Sola ris 2.6

2000-10-17 01:10:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Parity Errors flooding /var/adm/messages on Sola ris 2.6
From: Bob Bakh bbakh AT veritas DOT com
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 22:10:20 -0700
Still sometimes depends on the machine, on one machine 25m will be just fine
and another running Diff 25m will be too long, all depends, but I run into
this more if the customer is trying to stretch a system into the 25m limit
and has the cables coupled in the middle.  in this case 25m is too long.

And in others 30m works just fine.  All depends.  If you see the parity and
negotiating down errors, it's always good to switch out the cable before
trouble shooting farther, unless you just forgot a terminator.

=)

Bob