Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exchange Restore

2000-09-29 13:36:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exchange Restore
From: Skip Farmer cfarmer AT veritas DOT com
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:36:18 -0500
Buddy,

NetBackup does not use Netbios. It uses tcp/ip. You can add the entries that
you need into the /etc/hosts table of the b system and should resolve fine.
If the information is already in DNS then you should be ok as well. You can
do an Alternate Client restore of an exchange database without having to go
in and change DNS info. I am not sure which version you are running but the
VERITAS NetBackup Admin Guide for MS Exchange should have details on how to
do an Alternate Client restore that would fit your requirements.

Skip