Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DMZ backups

2000-09-21 15:48:38
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DMZ backups
From: RYAN C. ANDERSON ryan_anderson AT udlp DOT com
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 14:48:38 -0500
Kyle,

Just be aware of which ports need to be open on the master and media
servers (many) vs. the client (few).  The client is only going to need
to have two open:

bpcd    13782/tcp       bpcd
bprd    13720/tcp       bprd

We have backups that work successfully to a couple servers which are in
a DMZ.  Our master/media server doesn't have any firwalling rules to
follow, so its ports are not an issue.

Regards,

RCA