Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] recyclable tape report?

2000-09-20 10:06:49
Subject: [Veritas-bu] recyclable tape report?
From: fx [François-Xavier Peretmere] fx AT Veritas DOT com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:06:49 +0200

 don't know much about Legato but it sounds like you want
something like

 /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/goodies/available_media | grep AVAILABLE
 or maybe better:
  available_media | awk '{if ($9=="AVAILABLE"){print $1}}'

 you could test $2 to get only some kind of media (ie. not cleaning).

 this is quick and dirty, it would be better to use vmquery to do
the job:

 /usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -bx -pn <pool_name>

 if the last field (12th) is equal to "---", then the tape is
expired and can be reused. you can get all the defined pool with
something like

 volmgr/bin/vmpool -listall -b | tail +3 | awk '{print $1}'

 fx

 disclaimer: i speak for myself, and sometimes i'm wrong.

--
      fx AT veritas DOT com      | Yesterday it worked.
François-Xavier Peretmere | Today it is not working.