Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Upgrading to version 3.4

2000-09-14 01:28:13
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Upgrading to version 3.4
From: W. Curtis Preston curtis AT colltech DOT com
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 22:28:13 -0700
My overall impression of 3.4 is very good.  The wizards are great, and the
java interface is much better than the previous version.  SSO, or
"Multihosted Drives" works flawlessly, and was a breeze to configure.

One word of advice on the upgrade:

Don't upgrade your server to 3.4 and leave your clients at 3.2.  We've had
two consultants do just that and had everything stop working.  (In my case,
the 3.2 client with a filelist of ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES backed up only the /
filesystem.)  Once we upgraded the clients to 3.4, they worked fine.

So as soon as you upgrade the server, run the update_clients command, and
that will solve that problem!